Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rate it: B-


So I saw the movie "Flakes" starring Zooey Deschanel and Aaron Stanford. Set in the New Orleans, the movie is about a local cereal cafe where the townspeople normally hang out. This is until they have met a capitalist for competition across the road with the same name and concept. Miss Pussy Katz (Deschanel) took this advantage to squeeze out her boyfriend (Stanford) into actually making his own CD.

So here is what I think. I thought that the movie is a good kind of B movie. It was cute and adorable and it did not have any ridiculous or over the top nonesense. At first it seemed like a totally irrelevant movie but it actually showed a lot of issues concerning consumerism and capitalism underneath. Some scenes were dragging but I love Zooey Deschanel and she always pulls anything off. I am sounding a but biased but who can blame me? It is a quirky movie with likeable characters and yeah, it was kinda cheesy but it is very diffeent and fresh. At the end of the day, it still has that happy ending which is always nice to watch.

Overall, watch it if you're a fan of Zooey or if you are bored or a big indie fan.

XOXO Yana

No comments: