Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Only Politically-concerned Blog

I woke up this morning to a brand new era. Barack Obama is elected president. This is truly a morning to remember for the momentous "change" that people has been asking for is about to happen. Or has it already happened? But I do feel the change in the air and although I myself am not a big politics fan, I do feel a sense of unity as of listening to his heart-felt speech. It does seem like change is coming and his "yes we can" catch-phrase surrounds the white house. I hope it does happen. Not anytime soon but I hope it will.

Another thing that is plaguing the morning news is the issue concerning Proposition 8. It seems that people still oppose the same-sex marriage. Except in Virginia where as my mom would call it, the lesbian state. I do feel a little loss for those people who are already married and might be affected greatly by this defeat. Although I am not married, not even once, it still seems like a tragedy to not be considered married after getting married. It is a sad, sad thing but I do think that this is only the beginning of another war that will go on for years to come. I do feel that everything that has to do with human rights on this country pull through. It may not happen now or the next year but I do know this, the gay community will have their rights because this country is a land of hopes and dreams and justice.

XOXO Yana

No comments: