Thursday, September 24, 2009

My mom left for Colorado this morning. I may sound like a baby but I feel vulnerable when my mom is not around. Yeah, I do feel the freedom and independence but I miss her when i come home and she's there with cooked food all the time or when she asks me, "How was work?" In spite of this, I am happy for her because of this retreat. This retreat is one of spiritual healing or growth; somewhere along those lines. I do hope that she has fun and not to worry about us too much.

What plans do Ko and I have for this weekend? Well, it definitely includes lots of alcohol, that's for sure. But not the kind of alcohol that we used to drink. If this was last year or a few months ago, we would have bought Jose Cuervo, Smirnoff Vodka, Dole juice, and maybe some Corona Light or New Castle. But we are a pair of re-invented drinkers who now enjoy a glass of red wine or some chardonnay. Okay, we don't exactly afford the chardonnay but Ko did bring back from Europe 4 bottles of chardonnay and our latest favorite drink, Sangria which can be bought at your nearest groceries for five bucks. So yes, we like to indulge ourselves in the sweet taste of heaven once at night. No clubbing for this pair because the only time we enjoy going out at night and dancing is when our third wheel is here, Oat! So wait untl Christmas break.

We can also add in some scrabble matches with that wine or some drunk-ass pictures. Although i doubt that we would get drunk with those wine. Trust me, it's a tried-and-tested thing of the past. But the fun never ceases and it's always a pleasure to be in the company of a remarkable person like Ko.

There's also that school Daniel will have at school. Maybe a little chaperoning perhaps? Doesnt matter. As long as we can get up in time for our weekly 10:45 masses. Yes, I have been going to mass for the past year and haven't missed any Sundays, I think. It feels rather empty when I don't and I feel very uneasy if I miss a Sunday mass. For this reason, I pride myself for trying because I am not the most holy nor am I the most faithful of all Christian Catholics out there. I do try my hardest though.

So we'll see this weekend.

XOXO Yana

No comments: