Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Cold War is Over

I am happy to report that my mom and I are talking again. I just wanted the whole thing to be done because it was blown out of proportion and it did not deserve the iciness it brought about around the house. I held on and did not talk to my mom in two days. It is probably the longest I ever went not talking to her. It was hard but all I want was to stand firm behind what I said and I did not want to apologize because I believe that I did not do anything wrong.

I guess my conscience got the best of me because in the last two days, she looked tired and actually was diagnosed with carpal tunnel. It saddened me because she might not be able to play badminton again if she does not take the surgery. It is her favorite sport and she has been dying to play. So what I really planned on doing was to talk to her for a but and see if she is over the whole thing but I will not apologize. I still have a little pride in me left.

I went up to her and asked,
"Are you still mad?"
She said, "No."
I said, "Really, promise?"

And the rest was history. It was that easy. I guess moms are really the loving type huh? They just have so much in their mind that they let go of stuff. Thanks mom. I love you.

XOXO Yana

No comments: