Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's All the Rage

Just got back from Santa Monica boulevard like half an hour ago.

My feet's fine, thanks to my mom's faux-heel knee-high boots
So it was a crazy night and I only got a couple of pictures out of it. I'll just post one where you can see my costume.

So, my usual partner in crime, Ko, drove us to Santa Monica Boulevard where there is gonna be a parade of halloween costumes. They closed down all entrances and exits in the boulevard for people to walk around in costumes. It was like a big street party. There were colorful and huge (literally) costumes.

The ones that stuck to my head were

1. Balloon boy costume: If you heard from recent news that a balloon carrying a boy accidentally flew away and in the end, the boy survived unscathed. It turns out that the dad did it for publicity for their reality show.

2. Xerxes: Yeah the 300 Spartans were all the craze but why the hell did we forget the biggest fag of that era? It turns out that it was the perfect costume for a drag queen of this era.

3. Iron Angel: This guy had wings of steel and they actually seemed very dangerous when he pops them out.

4. Sookie Stackhouse: Another reference to everything connected to vampires. It may be a simple southern waitress costume but I love it!

5. Penguins: There were actually 5 of them in a line walking around. Hilarious!

I wish I can remember more but i guess it didn't stick.

So after walking the whole boulevard, we were hyped up to dance! There were a bunch of unavoidable perverts but that's what Ko is for: My protection. Thanks! It was a night of ego-boosting for me cause a sexy cop girl hit on me. She grabbed me and danced with me. Lesbo action! There were some straight guys at Rage. I guess they were looking to score on some gay guy's fag hags. One of them happened to be me. Well atleast Ko was gay for that night. A guy with a carton costume snuck up behind me. I said, "No" and a head shake and we just gave each other a high-five. Loves it!

I'll post the pictures as soon as I can. That means when I'm not feeling lazy to do all that transfer-file-download thing.

XOXO Yana

No comments: