Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spotted: Chuck and Blair Single?

Let's talk about singlehood. A friend of mine, let's call him Chuck, just called and just opened up to me about his depressing state. He has been single all his life, so have I, and we just understand how the other person feels. So in the midst of all the depression he is experiencing he admitted that he is jealous of all his roommates. They all have a significant other and obviously he hasn't. I too am on the same boat. Chuck and I decided to out ourselves on our jealousy towards the whole world which seemed lately that is full of couples right and left. This adds on to our misery...Take me for instance, I am almost positive that every event or gathering I go to, everybody has somebody. I thought to myself that it sounds selfish of me to be jealous of others' happiness just because i don't have my own. Well, i have been like that for almost the rest of my 19 years in this life and I just want to be selfish. I am irritated looking at lovey-dovey couples. I just want to throw a chair at them. God this sucks.

Is being single a fault? A curse? A normalcy?

Did Chuck and I brought this upon ourselves or did fate just created us to be miserably single and surrounded with couples?

I have always dreamt of a guy. Not like any of those knight in shining armor bullshit or prince charming to save a damsel in distress...nada! I just wanted a guy who is man enough and who is patient enough to handle all of me. Out of those constant changes around me, the hardest one to me is the part where I have to change who I am. I am a very irritable person. I have little patience. I tend to think I am always right. I don't usually admit that my opinion's wrong. I have my own world and I rarely let people in. I have my own likes and weird as it may be, I like it.

I doubt there is a guy out there who can handle all of me. I am hard to understand and get along with. Ask my family. Ask my friends. That is why I wonder why I still have them...I guess they see something likeable in me. The one thing I am willing to admit is that I do have the most sarcastic, raw and laugh-out-loud humor. There is not a dull bone in me. Well, that is when I am not a sloth. But seriously, I am really funny. See? I can't even stop saying it. I guess being single brought this upon me. I guess it's not that bad afterall. I should start a relationship with myself while waiting for a guy. Till then...

XOXO yana

No comments: