Sunday, October 5, 2008

Orange Scarf

Work was exhausting. I know some people work more than 12 hours a day and not complain but that's what I do most of the time. I complain. A lot. Ask my friends. I tell me complaints to them cause if I tell my mom, she'd just tell me to get over it. Well, I will eventually but I just need a moment to complain and let it all out. Yah know? Well, anyway, back to my job. It was a long day and it's like I wasn't doing anything at all but all of a sudden, bam! I'm working. But enough about that.

I did however read a whole lot of pages from "The Book Thief." I was engrossed by it. I could see why people here refer to it as a children's book. On the other hand, I agree why people in Russia refer to this book as a masterpiece. It was nothing that I have read before. I'll tell all about it when I actually finish it.

Fuck my arms and hips are so sore!

I put on this large orange scarf this morning. It was actually my mom's scarf. I was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and black sweatpants. I figured, a little color won't hurt. Plus, I kinda fit the theme of this month. HALLOWEEN?!?! So i draped one side of the scarf to my shoulder ala Miranda on Sex and the City: The Movie. Remember the scene where Steve and Miranda decided to meet at the Brooklyn Bridge? That's the one. Hers is not actually a scarf but a shirt with a big collar-top that has the effect of a scarf.

Before i got off work I fixed myself a little. Pouffed up my hair and had it in a bun on the side so it does not look too old-fashioned and instead look funky. I put on this pseudo-glasses. Since I kinda looked fierce I decided to buy a drink at starbucks. Don't know why but whenever I want attention, I think of Starbucks. So I arrived there with "Murder on the Dance Floor" (Sophie Ellis Bextor) blasting on my radio. Got a chai with soy latte (Ko's suggestion) and strutted my stuff. No big deal. It's funny how 5 minutes of my time took this long to tell.

Basically, I'm exhausted but I feel great. I just need some sleep which at this point is kinda impossible cause I decided to watch this taiwanese show online. It Started with a Kiss. It's really adorable in a very asian-ish way. It's not too serious nor unbelievable but I love Asianovelas. They don't take themselves too seriously. This is something, I hope, people shoudl not think of me. Yes, I have my facial expressions where I look like a snob but at those times, I have no idea what to say or I'm in deep thought or, the most common reason, is that I'm acting retarded looking into space. I am really nice. My humor is a little harsh but please forgive me or not cause let's face it, I'm not really apologizing, am I?

XOXO yana

No comments: