Friday, October 3, 2008

Love Letters

Check this out...

A friend of mine got himself in this dilemma. He promised a girl to write her a love letter! Not the email kind or the text message but an honest-to-God-hard-copy-send-it-in-the-mail kind. After promising, he started to think about what to write and soon enough, he could not think of anything to write. He tried a lot of kinds but they all ended up either stupid or cheesy. So we just came to the conclusion that a love letter is suppose to be, to some extent, cheesy. Hence, the name "love letter." We also asked me 13 year-old brother's help for he has shown us some deep and promising poetry of his own. Here are some few ideas and excerpts we came up with:

I love you.
You complete me.
Please write me back.

You are like cigarettes.
I can't live without you.
A carton is never enough.
_from Smokaholic

You're the chip in my hardware
_from Computer Geek

When I saw you it felt like a bullet in my heart, cocking.
You blew my mind like a grenade in a battlefield.
_from Military Guy

I blew up those damn towers for you!
_from terrorist

You made me smile like weed from my backyard.
_from Pothead

I like you but I like boys better.
_from Gay man

I love you!
If you don't love me back, I'm going to kill myself.
_from Emo Kid

There you have it. The humorous attempt to romance. It's funny how we all just ended up making fun of it. The thing is that the idea of romance nowadays is so vague and unrecognizable that we just don't care. No one knows what the word means anymore. To most people romance is just cheesy or full of bullshit. Maybe that's the problem. We all became cynical that the idea of someone being romantic towards us is so unbelievable. What if a person really means it? Can we all stop figuring out if one means it and just surrender to the idea of romance again? Is it too late to bring back romance? I hope not. I am still looking for corny in my life and I am not about to give up that ideal for some douche bag who is my last resort.

Speaking of love letters...I have never gotten one. I wish I had though. I wish I will receive one before i die. If a guy writes me a love letter I would want him to have a little bit of humor but mix it with sensuality. I think humor and sexuality is the perfect combination. It turns me on and I won't throw up. You see, contradicting myself here a little bit, I hate cheesy stuff. I would die if I ever date a guy who is very cheesy. I'm a realist and yes, very cynical. I'm starting to sound picky here...I can't help it. How about something like:

"I love you."

That'll do... simple and straight to the point. Or...

"I would whisper romance against the contours of your body. I will follow the map on your body all night long only to search for your precious heart."

Am I myself becoming cheesy? I don't know. I think I've read more cheesy shit than this one. Why am I writing myself a love letter??? Now I feel like a guy... great! Can someone just effing write me a love letter???

XOXO yana

No comments: