Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Date

It happened one afternoon. 

I went home from work. I was about to go to the gym with Jace when i got a text. It goes something like this...

Gian: What are you up to? 
Yana: Nothing...
Gian: Can I see you? 
Yana: Sure...How? 
Gian: Can I pick you up? 
Yana: Of course, what time? 
Gian: 8?
Yana: Ok, see you then...
Gian: Yes!

and the rest was history...nah, just kidding. the date went well. 

he picked me up and I introduced him to my mom who was surprisingly civil. He did a "mano" to my mom. "Mano" is a sign of respect for elders in the Philippines. So it was good. We each said our goodbyes and left. As you might have seen in news, Michael Jackson died recently and so he said that we should go and see his house. I have to be honest, it was a very weird and creepy proposition and highly unconventional for an official date but I was up for anything. The drive up and down the mountains of Los Angeles from my house took two hours. The drive there was long but we were holding hands the entire time. Sometimes, he puts my hand to rub his head. Once in a while he kisses my hand. What a sweetie. Normally, I would die of corniness but I guess when it is actually happening to you, it feels amazing. We had two stopovers to ask for directions because we got lost. One was in a gas station and the other was in an art museum. Of course, he took advantage of the situation and we had a mini make-out session. I could not complain...

So we finally found MJ's house. It was packed with fans, paparazzi's and LAPD's. We just passed over and it felt like, by that time, we really didn't care anymore. Around 10:30 he whispered to me, "I hope I can get you somewhere private." So I felt so confident and high, let's just say that I felt like a slut. So I asked if there was anyone at his house. He said that his grandma and mom was there. So we just drove the way home. But after half an hour, maybe he thought about it, he said that maybe everybody was asleep already so we proceeded to his house. 

The time at his house was a little awkward. His brother was actually in the garage with his girlfriend. It sucks cause the garage was connected to his room. So no privacy there. Then we retreated to the living room where his mom surprisingly came out her room! It felt like he was forced to introduce me to her. It was an awkward 10 minutes until we decided to leave finally. So by 11pm we parked in front of my house and just had a make-out session there. It was nice. He is such a good kisser with soft lips. By 12 we went in the house cause he needed to pee. When we went inside the house, my sister was still awake and was just about to come inside from the backyard. As if it wasn't worse enough, my mom went out and asked how our date went. It wasn't that embarrassing but, for a moment there, I felt 13 again. But it didnt bother me much. I just laughed about it later on. So finally, we had a moment alone in the backyard swing. It was a good moment. 

By 1:30, as much as I wanted for him to stay, I had to retire because I have a job tomorrow. So we were saying our goodbyes and kissing goodbyes. He did this kiss-leave-come-back thing three times. It was a sweet gesture. So he left and he left me quite happy and satisfied. 

I don't think there is anything else to say here...

XOXO Yana 

No comments: