Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trailer-Addict


Have you ever gone inside a movie thetre planning to watch a movie and then hating it when you missed the beginning where they play the trailers?


I have.


The thing is, I am addicted to watching trailers. The excitement it gives you. The thrill of it when you wait for a movie you think you would like because you saw the trailer. Of course when you do arrive in time to see the trailers there are the series of nudging and excited glances if you came with someone to the movie.


sighs...Loves it!


I am deeply obssessed with trailers and upcoming movies that I even search for them online. I go to movieweb.com and then check out trailers that they in order of the movie's release dates. I especially look out for romantic movies (such a mosochist) and take note of them. They surprise me with the genius of their pairings. Some actors that you would never imagine to work together in a movie but surprsingly looks cute together. The amazing storyline! The ones I especially look out for are the indie romantic films. I think that usually make the most profound stories in the most simplest of ways. I have tried and tested and they are always worth watching out for. Take "Dedication." A Mandy Moore film. It doesn't get better than this. Such an odd couple along with Billy Crudup. I always think that he doesn't get the much bigger praise that he really deserves. So anyway, that movie was awesome. It was dark, quirky, humurous and romantic.


I am such a movie freak. You see I rarely criticize a movie. I don't like movie critics. To me, it's always finding what makes a film good not what makes it a bad film. I mean, if some director or writer decides to do this certain film then they must have seen something great, right? Yeah, some films are not as good as the other but it doesn't make it any less important or special. I think what it is is the blending of it. I guess the end result was executed poorly but somehow I manage to find the best out of the films I watch.


Here I'm listing some of the trailers I've seen and am looking forward to seeing in the near future. (Hopefully with a date)

1. My Life In Ruins_Mia Vardalos (star on My Big Fat Greek Wedding)
"A travel guide rediscovers her romantic side on a trip to Greece with the advances of her sexy tour bus driver."
2. The Proposal_Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds
"A pushy boos (Bullock) forces her young assistant to marry her in order to avoid deportation back to Canada."
3. 500 Days of Summer_Joseph Gordon Levitt (Brick) and Zooey Deschanel (Yes Man)
"A post modern love story where a hopeless romantic, Tom, gets dumped by his girlfriend and he begins a series of self-discovery in which he figures out what went wrong in the 500 days they were together."
4. Adam_Hugh Dancy (Evening) and Rose Byrne (Troy)
"A story about a man dealing with Asperger's Syndrome and a beautiful woman damaged from a past relationship. They tricky relationship ultimately leads to something universal: truly reaching another person means bravely stretching into uncomfortable territory and the resulting shake-up can be liberating."
5. Time Traveler's Wife_Eric Bana (The Other Boleyn Girl) and Rachel Mcadams (The Notebook)
"Bana plays a time traveler cursed by a rare genetic anomaly that causes him to live his life on a shifting timeline, shifting back and forth through his lifespan with no control. On the other hand, Clare is a woman trying to build a life with the man she so desperately loves."
6. All About Steve_Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper(He's Just Not That Into You)
"A crossword constructor goes on a date with a CNN cameraman and decides that they are meant for each other. So she follows him on a cross-country chase to convince them that they are meant for each other."
7. Love Happens_Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eackhart (No Reservations)
"A widower who turned his loss into a best-selling self-help book goes on a book tour and meets a woman along the way. He finds out that he hasn't really confronted his wife's death."
8. NY, I Love You_(All star cast)
"Consisting of 12 short films, this film is the second installment of the widely successful 'Paris, Ja Taime." This is set in New York this time showing the lives of different people from different backgrounds and ethnicities finding love in the great city of New York."
9. Greta_Hilary Duff and Evan Ross
"A story about a rebellious teen sent away to her grandparents for the summer."
I am so excited.
XOXO Yana

No comments: