Friday, June 19, 2009

The Proposal

Just saw the movie with my mom. She's been dying to watch it so I invited her on a movie date with me since no one asks me out anyway...

But when I turned on the ignition of my car, Gian called. Nice friggin timing I should say. He just wanted to say "hi," that kind of stuff. It was sweet. It is also a step up from texting cause since we knew each other it's always been texting and texting. Atleast we might be going somewhere. Wishful thinking...

So about the movie

I'm pretty sure movie critics would love to bash this movie but if you are a true lover of movies then you may continue reading my critique. 

Isn't it obvious? I love it! It was, yes, I have to admit, a little predictable and way too corny but it was full of heart. I mean, for them to make a movie about what should be a serious issue in our times today and make it into a heart-felt romantic comedy is something special and worth seeing. Basically, Margaret (Bullock) is being deported back to Canada after failing to fill out some paper works while Matthew (Reynolds) is her tortured assistant waiting for a much-awaited promotion. She then blackmails him into pretending to marry her so she can stay and he can get the promotion. 

I think you can figure out what happens next. Either way, it brings out new laughs and adorable characters. The scenery is just magnificent. I never really cared much for Alaska until I saw this movie. It was beautiful!!! 

I almost forgot...Did I mention this movie is funny?!?!? I thought it was. Simple humor is always the best kind. 

Favorite Scene: Where a naked, freshly-showered Margaret fell on top of a sweaty and equally naked Ryan Reynolds. Classic and sexy!!! This movie reeks with chemistry and sugar!!! 



Such a good date movie. 

I'll end it here..."Someone" just texted me...

XOXO Yana 

No comments: