Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yes Man!

Usually, I am NOT dying to watch a Jim Carrey movie. I am not a huge fan and, although, his movies has good humor in them and its really popular, it's not my cup of tea. I go for a different kind of humor. So when it came to watching this movie, I was a little hesitant.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. It was a movie with humor and at the same time depth. It is not just a comedy full of dumb scenes and funny one-liners. I found myself laughing throughout and it is because of the light humor it has to it. It is nothing serious or laugh-out-loud because that's what the movie is all about. Don't take life too seriously but find the balance not to treat it as a joke at the same time.

In this movie Carl (Carrey) is scarred from a past relationship that since his divorce, he refuses to enjoy life. In fact, he literally says "NO" to everything thrown at him. This leaves him into losing his friends and any semblance of life left in him. Then a friend of his invited him into a seminar where the one rule is saying, "yes." He follows it and one thing leads to another until he realizes that his life came back just by saying "yes." But always saying "yes" does not always benefit a person whereas Carl experiences the difference between literally saying "yes" and discovering things you actually want to say "yes" to.

Cast also includes Bradley Cooper, who plays the handsome and loyal bestfriend, James Masterson and the always adorable Zooey Deschanel who plays Allison.

Did I mention I love her? So cute!!!

So final thoughts...

Feel-good movie with a corny message on the surface but it definitely serves us a good lesson for life that we all should take notice. Life your life to the fullest and take a chance once in a while. You never know what you might miss.

This is one of my fave scenes from the movie. Brought back memories...that song is old school yo!


XOXO Yana



No comments: